Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wednesday, 25th August 2010

It’s been too long since I updated this ^^ Then again, I’d half expected this to happen anyway =P It’s not like there are many who actually bother to read my little rants and thoughts of MY kendo anyway (Hahaha!). Either way, I am going to put up a short one on the latest training session that I’ve attended just a few days ago. Just for the sake of my previous hard work (all the previous typing X_x can’t just let it go to waste).

Traffic was bad that day, and I mean, REALLY REALLY bad as compared to the normal days. It started from PJ Hilton and all the way to Midvalley. My guess was that is was due to the Ramadan month where everyone is let off earlier from work. ^^ By the time I got to the dojo, it was ten minutes or so before 7pm >.< and that new cotton hakama and gi that I’ve got from Kendoshop wasn’t that easy to put on really ^^|| Had to tie the hakama at the right height, otherwise, I’d be tripping all over X_x and THAT won’t be fun. The last thing that I would want to happen is to “fall in style”. Lol. I am still recovering from a bruised pride after that previous fall during the junior bogu session not too long ago. *sighs* Ehem… anyway… I may be kind enough to tell that story another day =P For now, back to business. Not many seniors around that day. Just five of them and then there was Chris-sensei as well. The rest were just us and a few new 7kyus.

Class was led by Mr Lim that day so things were a little different as he placed a lot of emphasis on the basics of basics! It’s a good thing really but I couldn’t help but feel disappointed with myself throughout the entire thing… Why? It was like being constantly slapped with the fact that I was lacking in my reach… T.T I can BARELY reach my aite’s men even from Issoku itto no maai. Yes, even now… and I am already stretching to the max already >.< It sucks really… and at every miserable attempt to stretch further, my posture gets all screwed up and there you go, nothing gets solved. I couldn’t reach and my kendo just got a lot uglier, hahaha ^^||. It’s probably all about the mind, maybe I have a weak left leg or that’s just how it is for me… though, I would prefer the first two. Perhaps there’s still a remote chance that I will be able to clamber over this fence.

My mind was preoccupied with this throughout 80% of keiko and I was already so demoralised by the time we reached “Doh uchi” practice. As expected, I was delivering half-assed doh cuts… lousy footwork, crappy kiai… everything flew out the window. Gah T__T In short, it wasn’t my day. Jigeiko came later but it was different from what usually happens on Wednesdays. We get random aite(s) every round. Five rounds to be exact, each lasting for 30 seconds or was it 1 minute? I don’t quite remember. I deserved to be hit in the head and rundown by my opponents really… I wasn’t putting much of a fight. I was lacking the fighting spirit… So, yeah… Not that great actually. Before class started, I already had a reserved kakarigeiko session with Chris and I was actually looking forward to it. Sadly enough, there wasn’t enough time. Oh well… =.=

No comments: